Ingredients Of Fish Biryani
About Fish Biryani Recipe: Fish cooked in yogurt and spices and then layered with rice. A delicious option to cook when you want something easy and quick!
- 1.Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- 2.When they splutter, add onions and ginger-garlic pastes.
- 3.Stir fry till fat separates.
- 4.Add the garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt and saute till fat separates.
- 5.Mix in the fish and cook over high heat till opaque.
- 6.Mix in the browned onions, coriander, green chillies and biryani masala.
- 7.To make the rice, heat oil and add cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- 8.When they darken a bit, add rice, water and salt.
- 9.Mix well and cook till rice is tender but still holds its shape.
- 10.To serve, put the fish layer at the bottom of the dish, cover with the rice and sprinkle the saffron-milk mixture.
- 11.Keep in an oven or over low heat, over a tawa for about 15 minutes.
- 12.Mix to break up the layers and serve. Key Ingredients: Fish fillets (cut into 1.5 ” cubes), Oil, Onions, Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Cumin seeds, Garam masala, Coriander powder, Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Salt, Hung yogurt, Coriander leaves, Green chillies , Biryani masala, Onions (browned), Rice (cleaned and washed), Oil, Cloves, Peppercorns, Cinnamon (broken), Green cardamoms, Salt, Hot water, Saffron or color mixed in 1 cup warm milk